Thursday, February 14, 2008

rear end

i ran out to fontucky on tuesday to pick julie up from the airport/see my dad off (he had to goto the hospital). after getting some fries at the hat, and my dad getting back, we tore the rear end out of my car. julie took pictures of that process, i unfortunately do not have them on me.


old rear end out



new ford 8" rear end





side by side for comparison



cassy showed up after we finished piecing together some parts on the rear end (brake line stuff, emergency brake cable out of the old rear end), and we started installing the new rear end.











in:







me and julie, me very dirty



my dad discovered that our shock perches had the wrong angle for the current shocks, so well, he decided to heat them up by about 1,000 degrees and fix the issue.







old perches and new perches:



for the record, they didn't work at all, and my dad got new ones off ebay for some price i don't want to think about (thankfully he is).

rear end IN:









after we got done, we all took pictures with hats that welders use on:







my dad trying to be elmer fudd:





we went home for the night, and here is the progress so far:



my dad sent me a picture of this:



my front end brakes came in!

100 for rotors

70 for calipers

35 for brake hoses

STOKED.

this weekend is a four day weekend. expect to see a TON of awesome stuff come tuesday.

No comments: